Sunday, May 24, 2009

Filipino Weekend

So growing up, my dad used to cook breakfasts all, the, TIME. He was ALWAYS cooking bacon, sausages, rice, eggs on the weekends when he didn't have to go do work in the morning. In fact, that's some of the first stuff I learned how to cook was breakfast meals. My dad would cook the bacon and sausage in a skillet and instead of pouring off the grease, would let it accumulate and then toss in his eggs and clip the grease from the pan onto the top of his egg and cook both sides without having to flip it.

Unhealthy? Perhaps. But yummy. Occasionally, I will make Filipino breakfasts. It doesn't happen often since bacon is our nemesis, but since we had some laying around, I thought we'd finish it off.The bacon was in the toaster oven, the rice is in the background, and I'm working on the eggs here.
Most people would eat it like this:
Filipino's are different. We mix it all up. First, cut everything up so it mixes well and so you can get a bite of everything in each spoon/fork full.
Mix it together and THEN you'll have yourself a Filipino breakfast!!!
Yuuu-UUUMMMMMMM.