Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wood Cuttin'

Well, I haven't posted in a while and since I've made some progress and spending some considerable time gluing, I'm going to attempt to post as much as possible while glue dries. Here goes:

1. I went to Lowes to get some wood cut and apparently, the person in the wood department doesn't know how his saw works. Big surprise, I know. But I guess I assumed too much. I had him cut over 100 dollars worth of oak plywood and look at the extreme tear out in the wood:

Now, As you can see, I still took the wood but only on one condition, that I could bring it back if I couldn't use it all. They agreed and I did just fine. I only had to buy one extra piece of wood. I should have just made them pay for it, but whatever. I love Lowes and will just call it an odd mistake. I'm sure the guy learned his lesson. So here's a close up of the tear out MY saw makes with my new 80 tooth blade (courtesy of Susan Allart's gift certificate!):
Now you can also see ALL of the wood that I have cut and made ready for my entertainment center here (minus like three peices):
So yes, I made most of the cuts in the wood and here you can see the top of the base. It still needs some trim added to it, but we'll get to that in another post.
Here I am getting ready to do some Dado cutting! See the next post for the dado cuts!