Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sawing = cancer; Dado's = AWESOME! Fetch, yes.

Saw dust has been proven to cause cancer. Don't worry--I use a filtered mask when I'm spending lots of time sanding. Here's what my table saw looks like after about a hundred cuts:
This is my hand cleaning out the saw dust. Next on my list is a dust collection system that will suck this out so I dont have to go in here manually and do this all the time. It will keep the air clean in the garage and elimnate the need to keep a dust mask on while I saw my life way. Generally, the saw dust is supposed to go down this tube in the bottom of the table saw:
once it goes down or I take it out with my hands, I put it in a bucket to be used when I change the oil in the car. When the oil spills, I use this to suck it out of the cement. I filled this bucket up and have thrown out two full walmart bags of saw dust also JUST from making this entertainment center!
Now onto the dado! In the next two pictures you'll see in the BACKGROUND, the dado blade set instructions. Basically, there are a bunch of blades, and depending on how many you put one the table saw, it will make a thin, or wide cut. You can make differnet width cuts if you need to. In my case, I made TWO different cuts of different widths. I'll show those in the next post!
THANK JON again for these freaking SWEET blades!