Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 6

Back to Hanauma Bay! Camm and I went just outside the reef barrier but it wasn't good due to the incoming tide. This is on our way out--perfect of course. Oh well! The absolute best burger on the island from Hukilau Cafe in La'ie--the Hukilau Burger (Teriaki beef, hamburger, egg, tomato, & lettus). HOLY cow this is so tasty!
Camm eating his Mahi Mahi "buger" and Judy with her hamburger. lol--They forgot the "R" in the menu for the "mahi mahi burger."

Shark's Cove! Camm showed me this near worm that has tenticles that reach out to search for food! I wanted to poke it with a stick so it would appear, but I forgot my poking stick on the shore.


Needle fish circling me like sharks!
There were three times as many fish here as I could fit into one shot, but you get the idea--LOTS of fish!
Another species of EEL!
The customary opening of the coconut by Jason.
OH yeah, baby!
Used my rental car key to shred it for eating.

Camm didn't want to get burned from the sun like he did on day 1. Here he is enjoying the view at Kawela Bay.

Camm at 90. Camm at 40.
OK--so Karen wanted a picture of us all, so I rigged this blue enflatable raft next to a tree limb and it kept blowing in the slight wind and the camera would keep falling down. When we finally got THIS picture, Karen said--why are we ducking?! We have so much room above our heads! Let's do it again. So I tried VARIOUS times to get it to stay up again and it kept not working.
Here they are laughing at me . . .
more laughing . . .
So I finally got it to work, but when I looked at the last picture, behold, my head was cut off! lol--oh well. That was enough of THAT!
Going home from the last day at the beach.