Friday, June 16, 2006

Day 5, part 3

OK--so the Sea Life Park dolphin swim was ok--I had a blast, but I'm not sure I'd suggest anyone else do it unless you're a kid. The lion show, dolphin show, and turtle feeding/petting was pretty fun I must admit, but the single best thing of all things at the Sea Life Park?!?!?!! The underwater adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! word. I'll let the photos speak for them selves.

So we go down 35 feet. My ears have never been under so much pressure! You see they feed them veggies and man--the fish start going NUTS!

That's Karen and I in the background of this turtle.

There were two Ray's in there too. HUGE!

Karen and I got to touch them a LOT while we were in there. They are the silkiest skinned animals I've ever felt. Where dolphins are more leathery and shed their top layer of skin every 3 or so hours, these rays' skin is so sensitive to the touch, that you can't even TOUCH their top skin. Hence, Karen's rubbing the bottom side here. Magnificent animals.