Here's my first real project: an entertainment center. Capable of holding up to 300 lbs of TV; maybe I should get a 40" flat LCD monitor so it wont push that limit though ; ). It also is made out of OAK! (and Oak Plywood) It holds just over 100 DVDs, and will also house my stereo system just perfectly!
So happy birthday to meeeeeee!!!!! I received some gift certificates to Lowes--JUST what I so wanted!!!! (I feel like Elaine with all of these exclamation points) So this post is to show those who've provided me with birthday presents, just what you got me! First of all, wood. You've GOT to have wood!
OK--above you'll see some pieces of wood on the left there--one that is 4 foot long and another that is 8 foot long. This is what I start with. From that I cut pieces such as these smaller ones below:
Now, looking at the original pieces in the background there to the right, I also cut other pieces from these large long pieces of oak such as this one below! (next three pictures are of one single piece of wood that had to be cut 5 times before it took its proper shape. THEN, I had to use a biscuit joiner to cut these little SLOTS into it. Why slots? Check the next post to find out!!!
