Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Part One

A few days before Christmas, we drove to Utah. I'm acutally not a huge
fan of traveling over Christmas but my sister's youngest child was getting 
baptized and I didn't want to miss it. So we loaded up our rental van and
drove two days to Utah. The drive there was actually one of the best
we've ever had. 

The boys made us stop in New Mexico because they spotted snow out the window!
They were so excited, little did they know what was to come in utah!



The first day we went to Thanksgiving point with all the cousins. It was so fun.



Here's Grandpa up high at the Museum of Curiosity. There were only a few spots open at the
time we went, so Grandpa went with two of the smaller cousins. Our boys wouldn't do it!



This museum was super fun, with the water area, and optical illusion area, 
and a huge play area when you first walk in. 



Some people had last minute shopping to do at Cabela's, so we took the boys shooting.
I love this cousin shot of Carrington and Chase. So cute.





The next day we hung out at Aunt Dianne's house, and had fun playing in the snow and 
throwing snowballs and we made a snowman with Grandpa! The Allarts and Jason
went skiing. They had a rough time of it, the canyon was closed, and they had to take
the bus, and the extreme snowfall made it tough skiing. But they had a good time.



I love it how my boys will play outside forever together, just making up games. 
I also love it that Grant almost NEVER wore pants the entire time we were there. 




Jason went skiing two days in a row...and he was SO SORE!



The beautiful snowfall at Aunt Susan's house!



After Jason recovered, he loved helping the boys make snow forts.
They loved having snowball fights with each other and their cousins.



Chase is about to get Jason without a coat on....



I love Chase's little had peeking out....



So handsome!



Just getting to hang out with cousins was worth the drive.
I hope they make memories that will last them forever.



More snow, and helping Aunt Susan clear her drive. 



Her two littlest boys and our two boys get along soooo well. It's so great.





 Sledding day! It was awesome to take the boys sledding.
I don't even have words for these next set of pictures -
 fast runs, wipeouts, laughs, and lots of fun with cousins and the snow.








Chase loved going down without a sled...and was tired a lot of the time.
It's hard work climbing back up and he must have done it 100 times!





We found a jump...and those Allart boys are such daredevils! 
Our boys are much more conservative.







I finally stopped taking pictures and went on a few runs. I start halfway up because
I don't like to go too fast! Chase was such a good sport to go with me!





Poor Chase got run over by our huge train....







One of my favorite pictures....



The temple in the background! Utah is so beautiful.