Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fullfilling it's purpose


Blogs are made to post random thoughts and pictures or whatever you want right? It's a log full of BLAH. I wonder if that's why they call it a BL (half of blah) OG (half of log). Who knows. The point is, I've resized a few pictures on my computer and now I've got a spare moment to post them for all of the world to see--even though they'll never really see it. But then again--YOU'RE reading this aren't you? Perhaps there IS a purpose for this blog and my inate need to post things on here.

So, off we go to fullfill the purpose of this blog--posting.


Karen, my wife, used to spend days, weeks, years, and if added up, more than a decade of riding and jumping horses. She used to have this one horse called Royal. He was sooooo old for horse lives (he was 30! Most horses live just over 20 years old). So I meet Karen in May of 1998, and her horse died the next month, well--actually, later that same month now that I think about it. Royal was a big part of her life growing up (as are most pets for most people). I kind of took his place I guess--in a weird horsey kind of way lol.

So of course, being the male minded man that I am, I started thinking of ways to "fix" the situation. After all, when something is wrong, broken, etc., what else is there to do (to those who truely understand the male species; we are after all, a mysterious bunch of sweaty, hairy, one-track minded homos [homo erecti and homo sapiens that is. No funny business here]). So yes, I am trying to find a solution to the dead horse situation. So I knew that if I put my mind to it, I SHOULD be able to find SOME solution--I HAD IT!!!!!! I'd buy her a new one! Of COURSE! It was a brilliant stoke of genius. I was lucky to have come up with such a great idea. I could take money out of my college savings fund and buy her a horse instead. It made complete sense. The only problem with my beautiful plan was--I didn't know a THING about buying horses. For all I knew, this horse right here would have been good enough. YIKIES And what's with that THING--put IT away! GROSS! (I I took this picture where we used to board our three horses in American Fark).

So I ended up calling around and as I was trying to investigate the solution, Karen became suspicious and found out my plan. WHAO--that was NOT part of the plan. For some odd reason, she didn't want me to do that. I guess I couldn't just replace Royal (which is weird because it went compeltely against my perfect train of thought. One horse minus one horse equals no horse. Add one horse to no horse, and you're back where you started from. That one still boggles my mind how she didn't think that worked out well).

Years later her mom thought of the same idea and bought her Buddy. He has been a dream come true for both Karen and I. He's my most favorite horse I've ever met. Later, due to the addiction Judy has with buying horses over the internet, we ended up with two MORE horses (Lady and Sully; both of which we hauled out to Teyaxes and ended up selling right after we moved here--lol). In the end, we have the best Horse in the world--Buddy. As seen above with Judy and our nephew Camm, he's a magnificent bunle of muscle, reddish blonde meat; a his pictures always show him in all of his grandeur. He's splendid; unlike our beast of burden--Bugga (our cat)! I'll post pictures of that fat, lazy, lard of a feline later.

Much thanks to Judy for finding the most wonderful horse of all time.

Off to sleep I go. Anyone who wants to come ride our horse is more than welcome (anyone I know that is--and if you are reading this and I don't know you, then get the heck out of my blog!). JK.

lates,

jason