go get a job. So, I filled out my resume and made three specifically targeted editions of it: 1) one for a call center (since I had worked at VARIOUS call centers up to that point already), 2) one for a medical type aid (since I had taken care of my father for a few years, I was trying to work in an old folk's home), 3) a business professional one since I had education in the area, but no experience yet (I offered to work for free mind you on this edition of my resume). Well, I went to the locations to drop them off, hoping to receive an internship type offer from any company that would take me. It could have been the city of Provo, a call center's accounting/IT department, or whatever. I ended up going to Grant Thorton to ask to work for free for them just so I could learn and get some exposure. They put the smack down on me and said that they don't operate that way. If I wanted an internship I'd have to contact their corporate headquaters. Well, suffice it to say, I'll NEVER go work for GT after how rude they were when I went to go offer to work for FREE for them.
I went to a few old folk's homes and mental institutions around town also to no avail.

Alas, my only offer was a place called BRG (Basic Research Group). THe previous summer I had worked at a call center department for the company that sold (and still sells) testosterone creams, lip plumper creams, weight loss creams and pills (including one called Anorex for heaven's sake!). Currently they sell, "The Stretch Mark Reducer Turned Anti-Wrinkle Phenomenon."--Strivectin. DUUUUH. What a stupid company. But hey--they paid me 10 bucks an hour right? I hardly did anything too. Anyway--my point was, I was making good money there; good for Provo. BRG was my highest offer the following summer raking in a whopping 8 bucks an hour--when they needed you that is! Yeah, they'd have everyone there and as the low performers began to pop out in the day, they'd send them home and have only those that could succeed in getting people to do survey's to stay. And let me tell you what--these survey's were insanely long. I think that one of them took at least 45 minutes!!!!! And we were calling IT professionals (IT Directors, VP's of IT, CEO's, etc.). DUH! Of course we got a lot of Executive Assistants that would screen us out, but a few times, we'd actually get through. In the end, it was one of the crappiest job's I've ever had. The only saving grace I had were the people I worked for there.
I always had Gorge (pronounced as Whore-Hey) and Dianne (see pictures above). Well, as you can tell, Dianne was a little tired when she came in each day. Gorge was the best, but has since gone back to Mexico. I just came across these pictures today and had flash backs to my days before I came to Texas. I sit here and think--I can't believe I made it past that point in my life to where I am now. It's been a long, crazy ride--this thing called life.
Lates,
Jason