We had a great Halloween month. We decorated the minute it was October,
per Chase's instructions. We had a blast looking at tons of Halloween decor
in the stores and magazines. We even added to our collection this year.
We went to a pumpkin patch and I wanted to get HUGE pumpkins this year.
I don't know why, just thought it would be fun.
They had a spooky maze which the boys really liked.
They also had this little play area for kids which was fun.
I love this picture of Chase...
And this one! Typical Chase being scary. I told him he looks like Chucky here!
Chase saw this haunted house gingerbread house and wanted to do it. So we did.
I think these things are sort of weird, with their cheap candy and weird frosting.
Jason loves to decorate it and the boys just eat the candy when he's not looking.
School costumes - they weren't supposed to be scary so Chase was a chemist
and Grant was Harry Potter.
That night at our church chili cookoff and trunk or treat, Chase could be mildly
scary, so he was a ghost clown. I think his makeup turned out great!
(Thanks to Jason)
The scouts were in charge of running the carnival, and Grant did a good job.
Chase after, I forgot to get a picture of his green hair which we sprayed outside after pictures.
Halloween was on Saturday and it was a huge rainstorm. We had fun with our friends
and their baby visiting, but we couldn't really do much outside. At one point we noticed
the street totally flooding, which we've NEVER seen in our 11 years here.
We got a few inches in an hour, and I think the drains got backed up because it
didn't last long. It was wild.
We just had fun hanging out, eating spooky food, and making our glasses make noise. :)
And we carved the big pumpkins! Here's the baby being so cute!
This one is almost as big as Chase! I never knew but the skin on these big
ones was soooo thick. It really took some time getting the tops off and carving them.
The boys of course lost interest and played with the baby, but we persevered....
I think they came out great! I love jack-o-lanterns. I have such great memories
growing up of carving pumpkins. I like it that Chase drew the face he wanted.
Halloween night! Chase was finally as scary as could be!
(Though it turned out to be so humid inside that mask!!!)
The candy! If you can believe it, we actually didn't get too much. It was drizzling, very humid,
and the boys got tired quick. We got plenty though. And we did see some SUPER
spooky houses which was really fun. If it wasn't for Jason, we might not have
approached a few of them....
Chase had more fun than he expected playing with the baby. He was so cute with her.
Happy Halloween!!!







































