one of 400 campsites on the lake. the water was a nice green and pretty clear. nothing compared to the brown murkiness back home.
making a fire. here grant was saying sorry for throwing his ball in the fire pit while dad was trying to make some grub.
once the fire was lit, here he is saying "HOT!"
YUH-UMMMM!!!! Bacon!!!!!!
Nice fire.
Yummy chips.
Grant LOVES fruit like no other.
Making some scrambled eggs here on our new emergency plan grill. we bought it for hurricane purposes (and it doubles for camping). i had cooked two filet minons on here, but we didnt get any pictures of those. they were TASTY!!!!
Grant LOVES to throw things. It's fun to watch, unless it's something he's throwing at YOU!
Grant and Mom.
On the way out I added a piece of wildlife I spotted while on the trip. Things I didn't get pictures of include a deer, cat, bunny, bat, and several large birds. But THIS one I DID get. I was driving on the ROAD when I saw this swift moving thing across the road. I thought it was a bunch of dant carrying something like a leaf or something, but it was going WAY too fast. I passed it and stopped immediately..... reversed... and got out to check it out. This is what I saw. This guy was QUICK moving!!!! and HUGE!!! I should have thrown a quarter down so you could tell--this guy is at least 7 inches. He was longer than my hand is from palm to tip!!! It's a red-headed centipede.
Headed back home. Only 5 hours each way.