When Jason gets home from a trip, we have this tradition where Jason opens all
his stuff and the boys sit down with him and check out all the neat things
from other countries. And of course they know there's something cool in
all the wares for them. :) Here's Jason coming home from India, where Grant
got a cool singing bowl and Chase a leather jacket. (Chase has not taken that
jacket off for weeks - he even sleeps in it!) There's usually fun candy they've
never seen, small toys or gadgets, soap from the hotel, and lots of other neat stuff.
Chase was pretending to be a monk while Grant made his bowl sing, and Bugga was
super interested in the smell from the leather jacket.
Twinsies!
This is a super cool robot Chase made from junk in the garage. They love finding stuff and
making it into something. This was one of the most creative ones I've seen in a while.
Jason got these pea shooters and him and Grant were having shooting wars at Grant's
collection of corks that Grandpa gave him. They had a lot of fun.
The boys have really gotten into wrestling lately. And they love it. So far there's been
minimal tears, and I like that their learning to wrestle without anger and being mean.
I do not understand how this is fun but they LOVE it. Both of them.
And of course Jason, who wrestled in high school, wants them to learn proper techniques.
We got a new bird feeder from Grandpa! It's so cool. It's a suet feeder, and will attract
different birds than our seed feeders. We've seen woodpeckers and chickadees!
Because Jason was in Brazil for Easter, we waited for him to do the boys' favorite
part - confetti eggs. I love these pictures because you can see the true happiness on
Grant's face (that I never get in pictures now with those fake smiles). This is his
thing - he loves doing this with his dad and looks forward to it every year.
The car! There's a story around this car. Chase has been wanting one of these forever. He's
been saving his allowance and doing so well at it. But it would have taken him forever.
We had a few outdoor toys I knew we could probably sell for quite a bit of money (and
that I was sick of), so I proposed a plan to the boys to help me prepare, list, and sell
these items, and we could use the money to purchase this ride-on car. They agreed. And
they did it! We listed the items, they went with me to sell them, we collected the money
and counted it, and we even looked online for the car they wanted that was in their
budget. So here it is, finally having come in the mail. They were BEYOND thrilled.
It's been so fun for them. And of course I hope they learned something too. :)
The first ride! This kid was so so so so excited!




























