Monday, December 26, 2011

Apple Beingets

So, it's a tradition in Holland to have apple beingets during Christmas/New Years. I'm not Dutch man, but we love their country and food and we're legally related to a Dutch man (Rich)! So, to get in touch with our extended heritage, Karen and I have decided to make apple beignets each Christmas day from now on.

They are SO tasty! I ate like 10 of them I think. YUM!!!!!

Box from Holland

Comes with mix, powdered sugar, and powdered sugar/cinnamon packets

Add 1 cup of milk to batter mix

Get a couple apples

Peel the skin (dont chuck that fiber goodness though--eat it as a pre-beignet snack!)

Cut the apple on ONE side so you end up with a bunch of circles

Mix, ready.  Powdered sugar, ready.  Apples, ready.  Next, throw some oil in a pan and heat.

While pan heats, dip apple in batter, then toss in cinnamon/sugar mix. 

Then place carefully in pan to fry.

Top with powdered sugar (I like to add caramel after that as well to make it even tastier and kinda like an apple pie crisp).  

Now, go exercise! ; )